Need a Homebrew list

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
cgallizzi
Hyperkin

Need a Homebrew list

Post by cgallizzi » September 17th, 2014, 7:15 pm

hello all,

need a homebrew list of games that need support.

These are becoming a pain to track down.

countsean

Re: Need a Homebrew list

Post by countsean » September 17th, 2014, 8:40 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =101731896

This is the active compatibility list that me and a bunch of other users have been compiling. It's the most complete and detailed list I have seen.

JDavis

Post by JDavis » September 17th, 2014, 8:51 pm

These are the ones I have, all NES and all from Retrozone:

Battle Kid 2: Mountain of Torment
Mr. Gimmick (Repro)
Nintendo World Championships 1990 (Repro)

All three pull up as "Unknown Cartridge" ... when ran, Battle Kid 2 and Mr. Gimmick both just display a blank gray screen.

NWC1990 displays a garbled version of its graphics, but the music plays correctly. Once it tries to boot up the first of its three games (SMB1), it resets to the title screen.

It's worth noting that the first Battle Kid, also from RetroZone, is both recognized and plays without any problems that I've noticed.

Edit: If it matters at all, I'm running the v2.0 BETA 5 firmware.

MrMan2k7

Post by MrMan2k7 » September 17th, 2014, 10:47 pm

cgallizzi wrote:hello all,

need a homebrew list of games that need support.

These are becoming a pain to track down.
I only have two homebrew games, but here's the status:
Secret of Mana 2 (from RetroQuest) - Unknown Cartridge - Boots up, but pressing any button at the title screen resets the game
The Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds (from RetroQuest) - Unknown Cartridge - Runs fine!

dashv
Site Moderator

Post by dashv » September 18th, 2014, 12:59 am

countsean wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =101731896

This is the active compatibility list that me and a bunch of other users have been compiling. It's the most complete and detailed list I have seen.
Sean, thanks for sharing.

I though I'd add, we try to tag the homebrew/repros in the "publisher" column. So if you want to download the sheet and sort by that you can.

Alan West has tested a TON of homebrew. He's got some great stuff.

lininjim

Post by lininjim » September 19th, 2014, 8:52 am

Star Fox 2, built using a Stunt Race FX donor cart shows as Unknown Cartridge but runs fine.

Fryu

Post by Fryu » September 20th, 2014, 1:01 am

This is the Homebrew list I use and update:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
It's open to the public and not maintained by me so hopefully posting it here doesn't get malice towards it.... :(

dashv
Site Moderator

Post by dashv » September 28th, 2014, 11:41 pm

Fryu wrote:This is the Homebrew list I use and update:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
It's open to the public and not maintained by me so hopefully posting it here doesn't get malice towards it.... :(
No malice at all. :) If you ever want to merge your list into ours just PM me your email address and I'll give you edit permissions. If you want to keep yours separate that's fine too. :)

cabryers

Post by cabryers » October 18th, 2014, 9:14 pm

I've got a few homebrews--haven't dug deep, but checked 'em out to see if they run on the R5.

Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes---Runs, and R5 even recognizes it!
Chrono Trigger: Prophet's Guile---Sadly, won't play on the R5. Just a black screen.
Radical Dreamers---Unknown Cart, but plays.
Super Metroid Phazon Hack---Plays, but once the gameplay starts, it's an unplayable mess on R5.
Super Metroid: Ice Metal Uninstall---Unknown Cart, but plays.
BS Legend of Zelda: Maps 1 & 2---Unknown Cart, but plays.

I'm ordering one more soon (Super Metroid Zero Mission), and I'll post when I get it to say whether it works or not. I'd love to see compatibility for the two that don't currently work on the R5, since I don't have an original SNES hooked up in my setup.

Got a couple more--Super Metroid Zero Mission didn't work on the R5, and neither did Legend of Link (NES) by Infidelity. Boo.

rocksarntpeople

Post by rocksarntpeople » February 20th, 2015, 12:47 pm

I have a copy of a NES homebrew of Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti that doesn't play correctly. The cart comes up "unknown" and levels 2-7 do not load properly.