Snes(chrono trigger) codes not working~?

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
1pil

Snes(chrono trigger) codes not working~?

Post by 1pil » August 10th, 2015, 2:33 pm

Granted I am using codes with a ips game patch, let me tell you that right now. Which works for several games, for example FFVI codes work, I use the FFVI Super Famicom cartridge to play the US ips(patch) game. And codes work perfecty. Same with DQ5, but for some messed up reason Chrono Trigger codes do not work. Is anyone else getting these codes to work for CT?.....If I can get codes working for several patch games....chrono trigger patch game won't recognize the cheats on the SD card. And I looked, I triple looked, there is both JPN codes AND US codes for Chrono Trigger on the snes xml. So, there is no excuse. I'm confused.....is it because the codes that are on the xml are fake or useless is that why the codes won't read??? Do I have to add my own Chrono Trigger codes in order for it to work maybe?

UPDATE-----its official, now I know there is something wrong. I loaded the cartridge of my japanese chrono trigger normally and selected the cheat selection and it said it again.......it said no cheats found for game. WRONG!!...the xml snes file has japanese codes on it!!......so....wtf??? So does it officially means the codes are fake?

1pil

Re: Snes(chrono trigger) codes not working~?

Post by 1pil » August 20th, 2015, 11:43 am

Was wondering if anyone else has issues or has been doing the same thing. And wouldn't mind helping.