Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga Unknown Game?

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
countsean

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga Unknown Game?

Post by countsean » July 31st, 2016, 8:55 pm

Has anyone else noticed there copy of Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga read as an unknown game? I tried cleaning it, and it seems spotless, but its always unknown. Are there any other tricks?

countsean

Re: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga Unknown Game?

Post by countsean » July 31st, 2016, 11:12 pm

Actually - I can't even get it to boot up anymore. Can anyone try this game on their Retron using the latest stable firmware?

atrocity

Post by atrocity » October 3rd, 2016, 9:34 am

I know this is old, but I can confirm it works fine for me. You sure you have a legit cart?

1pil

Post by 1pil » October 3rd, 2016, 11:53 am

I wish I owned it. I just got a job so once I get a little bit of money I plan on getting a bunch of random games. This one could be one of them. Once I get it I'll test it out. I am not on the newer firmware. I don't plan on updating anytime soon. The one I am on is perfect as it is. But once I get the game I'll test it out and report back on here. I promise.

countsean

Post by countsean » October 6th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Thank you for the help everyone. So I tried it on my DS and a GBA. Both had the same issue. The game was unfortunately shot and didn't work on anything. I cleaned it multiple times, honestly have no idea what's wrong with it since I had used it previously with no issues. Anywho, I wound up buying a new one for 10 bucks or so.