SNES Sound Bugs

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
HitmanSchwarz

SNES Sound Bugs

Post by HitmanSchwarz » March 30th, 2015, 11:22 am

Hello Community,

I need your Feedback if this is a software bug or a hardware failure. Since I have the Retron 5 I played several japanese Roms like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI and Secret of Mana 2. In these games there where soundbugs. In Final Fantasy IV disappears the music randomly in the cities, for a few seconds... in Secret of Mana 2 in the Startmenue and sometimes in the cities too. These errors are reproducible. I thought this sound bugs were the result of the german translation patches. But after my RPG sessions I played Top Gear 2 (EUR). At the title screen... music... at the selection screen... music ... at the info screen... music... at the race start... SILENCE... no music or sound effects... the only way to get the sound back is to go via down+start back in the Retron 5 main menue and then hit play again. Then the music and sound effects are present for the race... the next upgrade screen, the next info screen... and if the next race starts... SILENCE... :(

I used 2.2(Stable) and for Top Gear 2 the 2.0 Beta 6 too.

Has anyone the same sound problems?!

moshi

Re: SNES Sound Bugs

Post by moshi » April 5th, 2015, 5:54 pm

Yes It happens to me as you say, I played Secret of Mana the japanese version with a patch for translate to spanish and it cause the same problem with the sound, and now with a copy of Final Fantasy VI japanese with a spanish patch it is the same :( , there are time that it dosen't happen and time that it's continously