Anyone actually played GOONIES (Famicom) on a retron5?

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
tylerh

Anyone actually played GOONIES (Famicom) on a retron5?

Post by tylerh » March 17th, 2015, 5:40 pm

Hi All

Just got my retron 5 and registered here.

One of the games I really wanted to play was GOONIES for the Famicom. I got a cart off ebay, plugged it in, and it plays, but the sprites are a mess... (Its basically unplayable)

I cleaned the connectors, same issue.

The seller sent me another Goonies cart, which also had the same graphic issue. I havent cleaned that yet, and there IS a chance its 2 damaged cartridges - But I wanted to ask... Since GOONIES seems to have no compatibility issues according to google docs.. Has anyone here actually played this game, on their Retron? As a side note, I dont have a "real" famicom or top loading NES to test it on, so I dont know for a fact that its a hardware v. Software thing.

Thank you,

Tyler

dustbuster

Re: Anyone actually played GOONIES (Famicom) on a retron5?

Post by dustbuster » March 22nd, 2015, 7:33 am

Hey! I have goonies and played through it on my retron w no issues

1pil

Post by 1pil » April 7th, 2015, 12:00 pm

People actually like that game? lol And no if I don't own the game I can't play it, unless make a rom patch and play the rom? Which probably would work, I haven't had any trouble with the rom patch feature some of us have been using. I haven't found one rom that has not worked yet. Except for gba games that are over 30mb in size lol....

ZForceFFC

Post by ZForceFFC » April 12th, 2015, 5:51 pm

I actually picked up a copy of the Goonies yesterday and had no trouble getting it to to work on the Retron 5

dashv
Site Moderator

Post by dashv » January 3rd, 2016, 3:34 am

I also have it and it plays fine. Bonus there is an English translation for it in the translations forum on this site! :)