Seiken Densetsu 3 & Silva saga 2 - Resolution

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
ZacherySix

Seiken Densetsu 3 Silva saga 2 Resolution

Post by ZacherySix » November 16th, 2016, 12:57 am

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but Ive got an english repro of SD3 that I had made with the original SFC cart years ago, but I found out last night with my brand new Retron 5 that my cart wasnt patched to allow 3 players. The patch is easy to find and all, but I dont know how to burn eeproms myself or anything. Is there anyone here I can pay to swap the roms on my cart with the patched one, so I can keep my save?

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Seiken Densetsu 3 & Silva saga 2 - Resolution

Post by R9delta » November 17th, 2016, 12:31 am

I'm not positive there's anyone on this forum with the equipment or perhaps knowledge to do that. Have you tried asking on nesdev.com or possibly nintendoage.com? Also perhaps something i'm missing here but have you tried just using the 3 player patch on the Retron 5 to play it that way while it's applied? I realized that's not solving your issue here in a permanent manner as you're not burning a new EPROM but i'm not sure if the issue is that you just want to have the ability to play 3 player on the Retron or if you want a permanent solution regardless of which device you're using for the game.

If you're just trying to play the game with the patch on the Retron 5 and it's not working as it is I can modify it so it SHOULD work on what you've got.