Cheats not working for SMS games

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
ZForceFFC

Cheats not working for SMS games

Post by ZForceFFC » January 21st, 2015, 8:31 pm

I tried a couple of Sega Master games on my Retron 5, and none of the cheats seem to be working. I tried Wonder Boy 3, Golvellius and Phantasy Star. Are there any region settings or other things I have to activate to make them work properly?

1pil

Re: Cheats not working for SMS games

Post by 1pil » January 23rd, 2015, 12:38 pm

Thats odd. Because there is a full or well not full...but there is a master system cheat xml I would have assumed they would all work? But your saying they don't. I don't see why they wouldn't unless they are codes you added? And even so...if you added them properly they should be working. I wish I could help but I only own two genesis games, I don't own any master system games YET. But I will some day....and Phantasy Star is one I definitely want.

Oh thats not true about codes not working, Snes codes don't work either, like for Final Fantasy VI half the codes...I'd say 90% of the codes don't even work at all. I don't even know why they are even in the xml file if they don't even work. It is probably the same with some of the master system codes as well perhaps....

Hope someone else can help with this