dragon quest 2-4 not working on my retron 5

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
dustbuster

dragon quest 2-4 not working on my retron 5

Post by dustbuster » January 12th, 2015, 5:01 pm

It says failed to dump rom.....still works on my famicom and nes bit not retron for some reason...anybody know why?

1pil

Re: dragon quest 2-4 not working on my retron 5

Post by 1pil » January 12th, 2015, 5:51 pm

Makes no sense. I don't own 2 through 4, but I got DQ 5 and 6 and both work. I also got DQ1(US version) and that works. Did you try blowing them? Eject and reinject it? Or rebooting the system and turning it back on? They should work if you say your other systems are loading them fine I don't see why Retron won't load them....thats really weird. I am sorry about that.

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 12th, 2015, 7:10 pm

Frustrating indeed! I did all that ubtil i became dizzy lol. After this i noticed a bunch of other famicom games all fail to dump rom...all other slots work perfectly....i will contact microplay (store i bought it from) tomorrow and hopefully they can help me out.

LoneGun

Post by LoneGun » January 12th, 2015, 9:09 pm

dustbuster wrote:Frustrating indeed! I did all that ubtil i became dizzy lol. After this i noticed a bunch of other famicom games all fail to dump rom...all other slots work perfectly....i will contact microplay (store i bought it from) tomorrow and hopefully they can help me out.
What version firmware are you running?

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 13th, 2015, 3:03 pm

Not sure on the firmware but i noticed the pin connecters in the famicom slot. Some have pulled out as a game was pulled out. I noticed a loose pin and now figure that is why nothing works for famicom games. I can use them in the nes slot with a converter and all games work for that slot. I called hyperkin as well as microplay (the shop i bought it from) and they both say they want to do an exchange but there is a middle company (they didnt give me their name) who may not..so we are in limbo at the moment and hoping for a resolution. Anybody esle come across a similar issue?

asmith906

Post by asmith906 » January 13th, 2015, 3:25 pm

One thing I've noticed with dealing with the retron 5 is that if your carts aren't super clean you'll have problems. I had a cv4 cart that wasn't recognized by the retron but would play perfectly fine in my snes. I opened it up cleaned with alcohol, white eraser, some Brando and a little more alcohol to make sure nothing was left on it. Haven't had a problem since

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 13th, 2015, 5:35 pm

All games work on the retron under the nes slot when i use the converter. They just dont work in the famicom slot. I noticed a loose pin connecter in the famicom slot. Unfortunately for me it isnt working in that slot and no exchanges are being offered other than hyperkin saying that i should get an exchange but there is nothing they can do since i live in Canada and bought it from microplay...who bought it from a partner of hyperkin...im just confused but hopeful somebody changes their mind and finds a resolution

LoneGun

Post by LoneGun » January 13th, 2015, 8:34 pm

dustbuster wrote:All games work on the retron under the nes slot when i use the converter. They just dont work in the famicom slot. I noticed a loose pin connecter in the famicom slot. Unfortunately for me it isnt working in that slot and no exchanges are being offered other than hyperkin saying that i should get an exchange but there is nothing they can do since i live in Canada and bought it from microplay...who bought it from a partner of hyperkin...im just confused but hopeful somebody changes their mind and finds a resolution
I had a pin come out of the SNES slot but I was inside Hyperkin's return area so I was able to get a replacement unit which has been doing OK so far. Some people have successfully used original console parts to repair their systems in the past.

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 13th, 2015, 10:37 pm

Thank you LoneGun. I dont want to tamper with the unit incase that nul and voids an opportunity for a return but that is cool to know that it can be done. Keep u posted on my quest lol

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 15th, 2015, 4:12 pm

Ok. Microplay ppl are great. Pmce they saw the retron and the missing pin connecters they switched it for a new one. Everything works!!