Genesis: Streets of rage 2 PAL crashes at certain point

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Smokey

Re: Genesis: Streets of rage 2 PAL crashes at certain point

Post by Smokey » March 2nd, 2015, 9:43 pm

This also happens with the US version on v2.2

Please fix ASAP! I tried running 2.0 Beta 6 firmware and it just kept refreshing back to the home screen whenever I tried to launch a game.
RetroN5 review coming soon on Revillution.com!

Jarza

Post by Jarza » March 10th, 2015, 6:05 pm

Smokey wrote:This also happens with the US version on v2.2

Please fix ASAP! I tried running 2.0 Beta 6 firmware and it just kept refreshing back to the home screen whenever I tried to launch a game.
I also tried version 2.0 Beta, but it was worse than this 2.2. Streets of rage II didn't even start on that release. I just found a new crashing game: Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure. Crashes after first level. :(

Jarza

Post by Jarza » March 10th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Ok now I downloaded the version 2.1 from here: http://retron5.in/?src=d9d4f495e875a2e075a1a4a6e1b9770f

Then the system booted and I tried to play NBA JAM TE. The screen flashed and the game started to load again. Then I went to settings to see if there was something helpful. And there was. I turned "Load last state" -option off so that Retron 5 doesn't try to load the last state of the game. And all the Genesis games started to work (including Streets of Rage II). :D

HitmanSchwarz

Post by HitmanSchwarz » April 8th, 2015, 6:53 pm

With the new 2.3 Beta 1 Firmware the game doesn't crash anymore.