Compilation carts don't work?

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
RazorBeamz

Compilation carts don't work?

Post by RazorBeamz » December 24th, 2014, 9:23 pm

I guess that due to the nature of how the Retron 5 works, compilation carts don't work. I have a cart of Genjin Collection, which is Bonk's Adventure 1,2, and a minigame compilation for Game Boy. Whenever I select a game it boots to the title screen instead of loading the game I picked. I guess that it only dumps a ROM of the main menu or something.

Does anyone else know of any multiple-ROM carts, and if they don't work either?

dustbuster

Re: Compilation carts don't work?

Post by dustbuster » December 28th, 2014, 5:59 pm

I have a 52 in 1 famicom cart and would really like to play it on retron 5. If anybody has any info on a new update or anything that can make it work that would be sweet

Coorhagon

Post by Coorhagon » February 6th, 2015, 7:44 pm

I just bought 198 in 1 and 400 in 1 cool boy famicom carts. Both together were 8.95 free shipping on ali express but they dont work. Just a black screen. Any advice?

mathafakka

Post by mathafakka » July 1st, 2015, 6:02 am

i have the 198 in 1 and 400 in 1 carts too from aliexpress. but they don't work. it always show them as "Unknown Cartridge" and when i press play i just have a white or black screen. too bad

Roystorey

Post by Roystorey » July 2nd, 2015, 4:36 pm

Yeah, 'multicart' games don't really work on the Retron 5. I have about 10 or so and usually it either

a) Plays the menu, but resets if you choose a game
b) Only plays the first game listed on the menu

It plays nicer with Game Boy multicarts than NES ones, but that's about it.

Sevenlives

Post by Sevenlives » July 27th, 2015, 10:09 am

There might be a way if you own the cart to get it to run. I've managed to get multi roms to work (just to test out, I delete afterwards) by dumping the rom and using the ips patch feature.

Try making or finding your particular rom and turn it into a patch to the cart (if it recognizes the cart) and see what happens?

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » November 12th, 2015, 8:02 am

Does anybody have a patch that can make 52 in 1 for famicom work?