No new firmware for over a month, trouble in Hyperkind land?

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Karny

Re: No new firmware for over a month, trouble in Hyperkind l

Post by Karny » March 5th, 2015, 1:50 pm

Retron Tèch wrote:In fact I intend to be making some new BETA releases within the next week or two.
Sorry resuscitate this old post... but it's all been eerily quite from Hyperkin on the Retron 5 front.

Is there any news on any new firmware updates?

1pil

Post by 1pil » March 13th, 2015, 7:42 pm

Has anyone heard ANY news at all from any sites about Hyperkin? I can't seem to find any updated info or news about what is going on. And especially no Retron 5 news at all. It's almost like it never existed. I asked about it on several sites, people just replied with "wtf is that?"

the_importer

Post by the_importer » March 13th, 2015, 7:50 pm

1pil wrote:Has anyone heard ANY news at all from any sites about Hyperkin? I can't seem to find any updated info or news about what is going on. And especially no Retron 5 news at all. It's almost like it never existed. I asked about it on several sites, people just replied with "wtf is that?"
Let's face it, it's clear that they never intended long support for this, they're not a software company. Also, the gray area that they're in the with Retron 5 probably doesn't help either.