Retron 5 only boots into Recovery System

Ask and assist the community with Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
romraptor

Retron 5 only boots into Recovery System

Post by romraptor » January 23rd, 2018, 4:50 pm

I have owned a European Retron 5 for about 2-3 years. Tonight I turned it on for the first time in a few months.

Instead of getting to the main menu I got to the Recovery System 1.1 screen.

Neither reboot, wipe data or wipe cache did help so I tried http://www.retron5.in/node/10. The only difference now is that I have Recovery System 1.0 instead.

Is there anything else I could try?

I tried pushing a paper clip into the recovery hole on the back (both when the console was on and off) but it didn't seem to do anything. Maybe I did something wrong?

romraptor

Re: Retron 5 only boots into Recovery System

Post by romraptor » January 24th, 2018, 8:29 am

I forgot to remove the SD card at the end at first, but after I did that I managed to reinstall and update the console. What's weird is that all my internal saves were still there even though I had run "wipe data".

quakeguy81

Post by quakeguy81 » January 29th, 2018, 1:16 pm

romraptor wrote:I forgot to remove the SD card at the end at first, but after I did that I managed to reinstall and update the console. What's weird is that all my internal saves were still there even though I had run "wipe data".
Did you put your saves on SD card or internal storage? Android recovery "wipe data" should delete all user data.

romraptor

Post by romraptor » January 29th, 2018, 1:25 pm

I had data on both the internal memory and a SD card. Nothing happened to the data on the internal memory.