Frozen at error screen, cant get out

Ask and assist the community with Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Protege385

Frozen at error screen, cant get out

Post by Protege385 » December 26th, 2017, 7:05 pm

My wife got me the 3 in 1 adapter for my retron (that i havent played in like a year). I tried to update the firmware, but i guess mine was very out of date. Got this message on my screen:

ERROR: This version of Retron 5 application (v2.5) requires system firmware v0.3.0 or above. You are currently running system firmware v0.2.2, please update.

Unfortunately, I am completely stuck at this screen. The controller (i tried a genesis and the retron pack-in) won't respond to anything I do, and rebooting the system brings me right back to this screen. I tried unplugging it and waiting a day, but still stuck. Anyone have a fix?

Jucksalbe

Re: Frozen at error screen, cant get out

Post by Jucksalbe » December 27th, 2017, 8:51 am

Follow the instructions on this page: http://retron5.in/node/2
Seems you didn't do what's listed under "step 1" yet.

It sounds like the application update file is still on your SD card (and that's what it tries to load), so delete that first.