Cannot Update

Ask and assist the community with Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Mata

Cannot Update

Post by Mata » May 30th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Good evening, I am hoping to get some help updating my system. I really just want to be able to run snes roms and from what I understand I would need my system updated? I bought it used, it's the gray one. When I try to update from the img on sd card it says Installing and will sit for hours and never end. I contacted Hyperkin via email and they responded with a factory reset procedure and links. I was able to successfully factory reset my system and I still cannot update it. Last night I left it at the "Installing Update" screen and checked on it when I got up for work. It said Failed 1002 or something. Any help would be appreciated and like I said, I really just want to run a few roms. Thanks.