GBA, GBC and GB rom issues

Ask and assist the community with Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Yo Asakura

GBA, GBC and GB rom issues

Post by Yo Asakura » March 7th, 2016, 11:04 am

I really really need some help or advice here i would very much appreciate it.

So I got the Retron 5 and all my old Games out and I got an SD card and patched all my Roms to ips files.
Sega roms work fine , SNES roms work fine, NES roms work fine and then just as I put in the GBA Game :
Bomberman Tournament and select a Rom patch GBA for Legend of Spyro and press play and then BLACK SCREEN.

So i tried a couple of other GBA games and different Roms for GBA and then I tried GBC roms with GBC Games in the slot. All those roms just for GBA and GBC wont read and dont work I always get a BLACK SCREEN.
I then informed myself a bit on the net and tried turning the " Patch header " on but it still failed.
My firmware update is brandnew. Everything else works just fine and I really love the system.

Of course I could just play my own GBA and GBC games but i find because the Gameboy library is so huge i would love to do some exploring on games but for some reason it wont play those roms.

Is it the ips files ? Did i forget something for those GBA and GBC roms ? Please let me know what you think i really am out of ideas and REALLY NEED YOUR HELP :)