Retron 5 not playing games right

Ask and assist the community with Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
DeityLink

Retron 5 not playing games right

Post by DeityLink » January 16th, 2016, 5:55 am

Okay I have googled it and have asked the retron 5 team for help and all i got was to factory reset which didnt help at all.. anyway the issue i have is its just running alot of games really poorly.. I have tried super mario all stars which runs at a low fps ( can hear it in music breaking up and game play.) Also Original NES mario runs at double speed and this cannot be stopped also, Sonic 2 and 3 run slightly slowly.. thought I would start with these first as they are main games for the systems and they dont work!

I have tried 3 different tvs to rule out tv input lag, different HDMIS, have factory reset it twice, have tried it on the firmware it came with, and the latest firmware.. I am nearly the end of my patience with it..

Any help ?

Cheers!

DeityLink

Re: Retron 5 not playing games right

Post by DeityLink » January 16th, 2016, 5:56 am

Also there is nothing wrong with the carts as they all work no problems in their consoles..

Marcone

Post by Marcone » January 16th, 2016, 12:59 pm

Hello, has the Retron5 given this problem from the first time?
From what you write would seem an hardware problem, if factory reset did not solve the issue I think you should to send your Retron5 for repair.

Do you have used this procedure for reset?
http://retron5.in/node/4

Sorry for the stupid questions, do you have tried to put in the settings manually "region" USA, JAP or EUR?

What they said (Retron5 team) about the issue?

DeityLink

Post by DeityLink » January 16th, 2016, 1:37 pm

Yeah have tried the correct region for the games, also yeah the problem has been there since I got it which was christmas, i'm tech savvy too and have searched all possible settings no change it at all, Yeah that's the method I used, I think i'm going to send it back, really disappointing i must say :(

DeityLink

Post by DeityLink » January 16th, 2016, 1:39 pm

"
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about your RetroN 5. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. This sounds to be a software related issues. Has your RetroN 5 worked properly before? You can try performing a factory reset by going to http://retron5.in/node/4 (For MAC users, please visit http://retron5.in/node/10) and following the instructions there. Please keep in mind that a hardwire controller (e.g. NES, SNES, or Genesis controller) and an SD card you are willing to reformat, and a PC are needed to do a factory reset."

Is what was said, not really that helpful.

Marcone

Post by Marcone » January 16th, 2016, 5:45 pm

I think you have to send back too, i have Retron5 only 5 days but all work very nice here at this moment, unfortunately this forum it's not so populated and it's hard to ger answer from someone.

Let me know when You receive the Retron5 repaired, we can exchange some feedback.

Good luck