Retron 5 Bricked?

Ask and assist the community with Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Mpm262

Retron 5 Bricked?

Post by Mpm262 » March 28th, 2017, 1:14 pm

I have a launch system that I recently decided I wanted to update to the newest system software and firmware. I attempted to update the system software to version 3.0 first; however, I am now stuck in an endless loop where it tells me the system needs to be rebooted. I tried reinserting the SD card with the system software install; however, it attempts to reinstall and gives me error code 1006 right away.

I then attempted to re flash the system back to stock. The reset screen loads; unfortunately, none of my wired controllers are responding to input in this mode. Everything responded and worked prior to the update, and the wired controllers do respond to button input in the endless power reset loop.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas on how to proceed? Hyperkin obviously has no idea and wants me to pay $79.99 plus shipping for an out of warranty repair or refurbished replacement.