System Not Booting For First Time

Ask and assist the community with Retro Freak.
Forum rules
Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
kygly

System Not Booting For First Time

Post by kygly » May 25th, 2016, 6:44 pm

Hi all,

This seems like the best forum for RetroFreak owners so I figured I'd ask this question here. I just received by unit yesterday and it won't boot out of the main splash screen. Worse comes to worse I'll return it, but I figured I'd try to update it before I send it back.

The only issue I'm having is that I can't get the "retrofreak-update-request.dat" file to try and do the update. Is anyone willing to send me that file so I can try this out? If not, I'll just return.

Good luck everyone!

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: System Not Booting For First Time

Post by R9delta » May 25th, 2016, 7:06 pm

The request file is specific has to be the specific one to your Retro Freak. No one else's will work

fragems

Post by fragems » June 6th, 2016, 1:45 pm

So basically is the unit a brick if it fails to load past the title screen? Having the same problem and just need to see if there is anything worth trying before sending it back :P.

mythosx

Post by mythosx » June 20th, 2016, 4:51 am

I just updated to v1.5 and after the unit restarted, I end up at the title loading screen. I can't seem to get past it. Does anyone know anything I can try?

ikashiru

Post by ikashiru » December 21st, 2017, 2:09 pm

Mine failed on the update, got stuck on the accept this agreement screen - crazy that it would only let me select decline. Went to black screen, then stuck on splash screen ever since!

Not hardware error, poor quality firmware / firmware process. Now have a paperweight?!