Certain TurboGrafx Roms Not Loading?

Ask and assist the community with Retro Freak.
Forum rules
Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
mikedeath

Certain TurboGrafx Roms Not Loading?

Post by mikedeath » February 8th, 2016, 2:49 am

Hello, I have loaded some TurboGrafx roms to my sd card and it seems like some just don't want to work. All i get is a black screen, but the Jap versions seem to load fine. Some of the games are Aero Blasters, Air Zonk, Ballistix, Blazing Lazers, Bloody wolf, Bonk III, Bonk's Adventure. These are just a few i have tested out so far. Maybe it has to do with US versions of these games? Couldn't find any info anywhere so i decided to ask here for some help. If anyone could also test some of these roms out and leave some feedback it would be awesome. Thanks so much. Mike

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Certain TurboGrafx Roms Not Loading?

Post by R9delta » February 8th, 2016, 9:45 am

Yeah it's an issue. It seems to be the same case on other emulators on the PC like RetroArch/Mednafin PCE too. I've found the best thing to do is to download the fullset of PCE roms and use "bad dumps" of roms (""), for some reason as long as they're exactly the same file size as the matching japanese rom they tend to have a 100% success rate in working. No problems playing them on the Retro Freak. That's the best advice I can give you without having to literally tell you each and every rom for each game that you should use.