Famicom Disk System troubles

Ask and assist the community with Retro Freak.
Forum rules
Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Lilith
לילית

Famicom Disk System troubles

Post by Lilith » February 6th, 2016, 1:22 am

So I finally got FDS games working..but some games require me to flip the disk side to even play, and other come up with error screens when I apply the patch. I know the patch works, cause there are pictures of it on the site I got them from.

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Famicom Disk System troubles

Post by R9delta » February 6th, 2016, 5:48 pm

If you're using the Retro Freak controller there's a hotkey combination you'll use to change the disk side. It's Start+Option by default. If you're using a different controller you'll have to manually configure a hotkey for it.

As far as the patches go, I'm not sure, even being the resident patch guy here lol. FDS games are out of my element here even though i've messed with a few. I'm sure I could eventually look into it though.