System won't restart after update loads

Ask and assist the community with Retro Freak.
Forum rules
Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
hodor247

System won't restart after update loads

Post by hodor247 » November 18th, 2016, 1:51 am

I just received my RetroFreak console, and SD card but have run into a roadblock with installing newer firmware. Per Cyber Gadget's website, I've been trying to install firmware v 1.5, prior to installing the latest (2.3). Each time that I've tried to install the firmware update, the system stops short of actually restarting and sits on the white screen after the counter disappears.

You can see watch a video of it happening here: https://goo.gl/photos/1htCQzJKvzZubNsi9 (apologies for the loud breathing, I have a nasty cold at the moment). I've been beyond excited to start using this console since my R5 stopped working a few months ago, and - after getting stuck at the same spot in the update process multiple times - I wanted to run it by the experts to see if you all had any suggestions!

Thank you for your help.

lxt583

Re: System won't restart after update loads

Post by lxt583 » November 11th, 2022, 6:54 pm

Mine is doing the same thing. Did you ever figure it out?