Emulator Hack.

Discussing modding and hacking your Retro Freak.
Forum rules
Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
FredG

Emulator Hack.

Post by FredG » May 14th, 2016, 7:00 pm

Hi Guys,

Saw a YouTube vid of Mame running on the retro Freak. Any ideas how the heck this was done?

Cheers. :D

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Emulator Hack.

Post by R9delta » May 16th, 2016, 3:26 pm

RetronLabo is the only one that has got that far publicly and has no intention of either going further or sharing or distributing the hack/firmware

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » May 16th, 2016, 8:58 pm

So it's official that it's not going to become public? I guess it's a good thing I try to keep all my systems hooked up. Is there a reason aside from the file thing that he refuses?

franz

Post by franz » June 17th, 2016, 6:10 am

There are restrictions to play systems such as the Mega/Sega CD or the PCE CD Rom in the RetroFreak emulator software (which means if you want the RF to play those systems you need to completely remove the RF emulator and install another one) but there are no restrictions for playing MAME system.
So the MAME emulator could just basically be added to the emulator database of the console.
BUT Cybergadget won't do it officially as they're not selling the RF as an arcade machine...
That would be awesome, but I guess we"ll just have to wait and see.