Retro Freak Gear Converter Announced

News & Updates related to Retro Freak hardware, software, and accessories.
Forum rules
Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
hikaricore
Site Admin

Retro Freak Gear Converter Announced

Post by hikaricore » January 9th, 2016, 2:53 am

CYBER Gadget has announced the release of their Retro Freak Gear Converter for February 16th, 2016. The advertise this addon will allow for use of Game Gear, Sega Mark III, SG-1000 titles with the Retro Freak. As the item hasn't been released yet, details could change.

It can be pre-ordered ( for $59.99 :? )here:
http://www.play-asia.com/retro-freak-ge ... _id=956097

Details via Google Translate:
[1] Game Gear, the game software for the Sega Mark 3, SG-1000, it is possible to play in a retro freak.
It can be connected to the following cartridge and card!
1. Game Gear cartridge
2. Sega Mark 3 for cartridge / My card Mark 3
3.SG-1000 cartridge / Othello multi vision for cartridge / My Card

[2] The connection is simple. Just connect the product to the MD terminal of retro freak cartridge adapter
※ In order to use this product, you must have an update of retro freak. Update files, to release the same period
You can be downloaded from our HP.
※ The update requires a separate microSD.

Lilith
לילית

Re: Retro Freak Gear Converter Announced

Post by Lilith » January 9th, 2016, 3:06 am

If you simply put Game Gear/SMS/SG1000 ROMs in your game folder, they'll appear for play under the Megadrive section. I don't feel very bad about doing this after seeing it's $60.

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » January 9th, 2016, 3:57 am

Yea, pretty much. If it were included with the deluxe edition I might be down to spend a few more bucks, but this is quite steep. I'll admit however, if they come out with an N64 port in the future.. I'd pay whatever the hell they ask.

dashv
Site Moderator

Post by dashv » January 9th, 2016, 4:13 am

$60 to play/dump game gear games from the carts is a steal. :)