Sonic 1 Special Version hack

Post or link to the best rom hacks here. Completed projects are preferred because let's be honest, folks can go elsewhere for the rest. Be sure to cite to original author(s).
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Lilith
לילית

Sonic 1 Special Version hack

Post by Lilith » April 18th, 2016, 12:41 am

I've been trying to find this hack all evening. The site all the YT videos link to doesn't appear to work, and it seems like the last video the guy uploaded was 2 years ago, so I have little hope of getting into contact with him. I'd appreciate it if anyone here had a copy of the hack that they could send me or point me to a working download.

Thanks.

Edit- http://editchris.sonicgamesdimension.ne ... 0Release)/ for those of you who are curious. It is not a patch, it is playable if you change the .gen extension to .md, at least for the Retro Freak. Probably just leave it as is for the Retron 5.

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Sonic 1 Special Version hack

Post by R9delta » April 30th, 2016, 9:50 pm

I realize it's a bit late but if you're still looking for patches for this rom I've converted the romhack on the link you listed to patch form. I don't know if you have revision 00 of Sonic 1 or revision 01 so try the second if first link doesn't work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q9u89 ... V00%29.ips

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z96uc ... V01%29.ips

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » April 30th, 2016, 10:21 pm

Usually I try to get the original versions of games whenever possible, especially now that I can pick and choose with the Retro Freak. This stems from having the original Gold cart of OoT, with a fair bit of stuff cut out. I know I have Rev 1 of Sonic 2, simply because that's the one I had and I didn't care to bother to get 00, but I think I have 00 of Sonic 1, I'd have to double check, but I believe the initial link worked for me (not that it'd make a difference, since the revision thing only comes into play with patches, if I'm understanding right). I've been grabbing full already patched files from Sonic Retro, simply because I don't want to bother separating the save files, and because I just have so many Sonic hacks.

But it's probably a good thing you've converted them anyway, I find that this hack has gotten a lot rarer (at least in my experience), since the YT download links have gone down, and from what I've seen, it's a pretty great hack with some good music.

But thanks :)

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » April 30th, 2016, 10:29 pm

To be honest given that the file size worked out to be the same in both patches I think enough changed in the romhack from the original that it doesn't even matter which one you use. I just did one for both in case it was needed to cover my bases.