Help: Zelda - The Legend of Link (Currently Unplayable)

Post or link to the best rom hacks here. Completed projects are preferred because let's be honest, folks can go elsewhere for the rest. Be sure to cite to original author(s).
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
hikaricore
Site Admin

Re: Help: Zelda - The Legend of Link (Currently Unplayable)

Post by hikaricore » October 6th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Yea I was trying to throw these together myself and I couldn't manage to make them happen. Game froze, etc. Thanks for all your hard work on this R9. :) I think later in the week I'll make a proper Hack page for this like the other games and link to your IPS files unless you object. ^_^

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 6th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Sounds good to me :)

ifightdragons

Post by ifightdragons » October 7th, 2014, 3:08 pm

Thank you sir, it worked :) Yeah the emulator issues are a bit iffy to say the least. I'm glad most stuff seems to be working pretty good though.

heyuimintojsus

Post by heyuimintojsus » December 16th, 2014, 3:44 pm

ifightdragons wrote:
R9delta wrote:Yeah they're 3.2. I downloaded from the link in the OP to create the fixed ones.
Hiya :) Been playing this wonderful hack on my RetroN 5, all thanks to you! I think I have a PRG1 original cart. Infidelity has now made a new revision which he calls his final build, version 4.0 - In addendum to that, Vanya has made an additional patch that improves some graphical errors. Please see here for details:
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.ph ... 661#158661

Would you be able to make an IPS patch for both PRG0 and PRG1 of this final 4.0 with the map fix addendum, just like you did with 3.2?

Here is the link for the latest 4.0 version incl. the awesome addendum which fixes things Infidelity couldn't do himself:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l39lxfwtpvkw99c/Zelda_-_The_Legend_of_Link_v4.0_Addendum_(Map_Fixes_v1.0).zip

Kind regards, have a great day folks
So yours works on the Retron 5? When I try to play mine and hit start, it's just a gray screen and it freezes. Ryan at Flashback (where I bought it from), his game-tester and Chris at Hyperkin cannot tell me why it won't work on mine. What's your software or version number? I want to be able to play this on the 5, but nothing works. It will work on the Retron 3, too.

Just as Lolo 2 and Willow will work on the 3 and not the 5 - I know someone has posted Willow working on this site.

Can anyone help?

1pil

Post by 1pil » January 4th, 2015, 2:29 pm

That looks like a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind testing it too.

ZForceFFC

Post by ZForceFFC » January 19th, 2015, 9:29 pm

Can the game be played in full with the current patches available on the R5? I know on the romhacking page, it said the game may crash if that intro screen comes up garbled. I played a little of the 3.2 version yesterday before realizing there was a newer one

heyuimintojsus

Post by heyuimintojsus » June 25th, 2015, 9:58 am

I have the cart made by Flashback Entertainment - brand new. It will play on the Retron 3, but just comes up a gray screen on the 5. And I've tried contacting Hyperkin about this one and other homebrews, they don't seem to want to help or reply. Any input?