Return to Dinosaur Land by RAGB | Super Mario World SNES

Post or link to the best rom hacks here. Completed projects are preferred because let's be honest, folks can go elsewhere for the rest. Be sure to cite to original author(s).
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
hikaricore
Site Admin

Return to Dinosaur Land by RAGB | Super Mario World SNES

Post by hikaricore » September 17th, 2014, 3:12 pm

Super Mario World: Return to Dinosaur Land by RAGB | Complete Game Hack
Console Name: SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)
Base Game Required: Super Mario World
Compatible ROM Name: "Super Mario World (U) [!]"
Download: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/120/

Features:
  • This is a complete hack of Super Mario World.
  • All the levels and worlds are new.
  • Some of the worlds have themes not present in the original, such as a water world and an ice world.
  • Don’t expect any new graphics here, though. This hack is all about the level design.
  • The game is moderately challenging, and some of the last levels can get very hard.
Reviewed by "Detroit Lions Deity" (via http://tinyurl.com/leecrfj):
I liked this hack. Or let me put it this way as one of the most creative hacks on the face of SMWCentral. What I liked about this hack is that you made the levels full of backtracking, and you've put together some brain-bending puzzles in every switch palace. I have beaten this hack, and I found all but two levels entertaining, full of excellent storylines and perfect graphics. The two levels that are least entertaining are Wiggler Woods 2 and Bowserland 6. I found out that in Wiggler Woods 2, I do nothing but dodge Bob-Ombs. In Bowserland 6, I like the storyline where Bowser tells the regular and Banzai Bullet Bills to attack Mario, but dodging these things is just pointless AND frustrating because I don't have much time to beat that level. There were no custom graphics or music, but the music choice and graphic choice for your level is nice. The overworld looked very good, but the background at Frozen Valley should not have been the background from the Star Zone. Overall, this hack is very satisfying and unique, and I hope I could play that hack again some other time soon.

Level Design - 8/10
Graphics - N/A
Music - N/A
Overworld - 9/10
Story/Text - 10/10

Overall - 27/30 (9/10)
Screenshots:
120titlescreen.png
120titlescreen.png (29.96 KiB) Viewed 6091 times
120screenshot4.png
120screenshot4.png (34.24 KiB) Viewed 6091 times
120screenshot2.png