Mario Kart and LttP

Post or link to the best rom hacks here. Completed projects are preferred because let's be honest, folks can go elsewhere for the rest. Be sure to cite to original author(s).
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
squirrel

Mario Kart and LttP

Post by squirrel » October 19th, 2014, 1:18 pm

Super Mario Kart 8 demake possible for the US SNES Mario Kart?

Also interested in Link to the Past Goddess of Wisdom for US LttP.

as it stands the ips for both are for the European versions of the game. I would be very grateful to have these, thanks :D

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Mario Kart and LttP

Post by R9delta » October 19th, 2014, 5:39 pm

Zelda LTTP Goddess of Wisdom:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uise9 ... Wisdom.ips

Super Mario Kart 8:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ebp19 ... Demake.ips

There you go :) This is kind of an exception I'm making. I don't normally like bothering with rom hacks unless i've already got an interest in them (The SMK8 one is uh..." something else"..) so if you'd like to be able to fix up your own...I've made a post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11 that shows and explains the general process I go through when making them.

squirrel

Post by squirrel » October 19th, 2014, 7:06 pm

Sweet, thanks for making these two, I'll read over that thread on how to make some of my own. Should be pretty helpful and give me a lot to do with my R5

DeathByBFG

Post by DeathByBFG » May 29th, 2016, 8:11 pm

I know this thread is very old. But did you get the patch working on your Retron? I'm assuming it was converted to be used on an American copy of Super Mario Kart but I could be wrong. R9Delta, if you're reading this, do you know if this is able to be used on a Retron 5 with an NTSC copy of Super Mario Kart? I tried making my own patch but I failed. :-(

FxFletch

Post by FxFletch » May 30th, 2016, 3:10 pm

I've got an American copy of the game and have this patch and I played through it all just fine.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » May 30th, 2016, 7:58 pm

Yeah they should be fine. I purposely converted them for the US versions.