Zelda Parallel Worlds | Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES

Post or link to the best rom hacks here. Completed projects are preferred because let's be honest, folks can go elsewhere for the rest. Be sure to cite to original author(s).
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
hikaricore
Site Admin

Zelda Parallel Worlds | Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES

Post by hikaricore » October 15th, 2014, 11:50 pm

Zelda Parallel Worlds by Euclid & SePH | Complete Game Hack
Console Name: SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)
Base Game Required: Zelda: A Link to the Past
Compatible ROM Name: "Legend of Zelda, The - A link to the past [!]"
Download (Parallel Worlds 1.1): http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/197/
Download (Parallel Remodel): http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/956/

Parallel Worlds Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/zeldaparallelworlds/home

Note:
Though a 2.0 release has been mentioned since about 2008 it does not seem to have ever surfaced and I can find no further information about it online as the updated website run by "SePH" no longer exists. For this reason I've also included Remodel which is probably the newest version of the hack which will ever be seen, despite it not being done by the original author(s) and for the most part just makes the game easier.

Features:
  • Brand new Overworlds, I promise you won't find an area which is unchanged!
  • Brand new Dungeons, all dungeons are completely different from the original!
  • New house indoors and caves, some of these you may find similar to the original game.
  • New Graphics, a lot of the graphics has been changed.
  • New Screen layout, similar to Ocarina of Time yet not exactly the same.
  • Some new music, the original game had great music, these are not to be changed :)
  • New Story, while some events maybe similar to the original game, but it's intentional.
  • A lot of other changes, and surprises!

Reviewed by "Hrith" (via http://tinyurl.com/qguydaq ):
Rarely have I had so much fun in Zelda: A Link to the Past.

The gameplay and riddles may seem exceedingly difficult, but they’re all feasible with carefulness and patience. There are ROM hacks of ALttP which are unplayable because of absurd difficulty, Parallel Worlds is not one of these.

The changes in sprites are really nicely done; the game looks better than the original and one has to love the Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker references in the visual aspects of the new sprites.

The game still contains numerous glitches (which is to be expected with so many drastic changes), but none are game-breaking nor do they prevent Parallel Worlds to be a fun adventure.

This gets a big yes from me, and to all Zelda players who would hesitate: don’t let the difficulty put you off, you’d miss out on a great experience.

Screenshots:
197titlescreen.png
197titlescreen.png (11.11 KiB) Viewed 9946 times
197screenshot1.png
197screenshot1.png (14.86 KiB) Viewed 9946 times
197screenshot2.png
197screenshot2.png (10.02 KiB) Viewed 9946 times
197screenshot3.png
197screenshot3.png (9.98 KiB) Viewed 9946 times
Gameplay Video:

Lilith
לילית

Re: Zelda Parallel Worlds | Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES

Post by Lilith » October 16th, 2014, 1:36 am

I played a little of this on PC a while ago. It'll be really fun to play it on Retron 5, since I really don't emulate much anymore. Think I'll need three save slots, one for LttP, one for BS Zelda, and one for this. Luckily the Retron has an option for that I'm pretty sure.

johnwinston

Re: Zelda Parallel Worlds | Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES

Post by johnwinston » February 18th, 2024, 1:00 pm

Fascinated by Parallel Worlds' extensive overhaul! Are you a veteran or newcomer diving in? Any favorite new areas or challenges so far?