Pier Solar (Genesis/Mega Drive) (DEFUNCT)

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Retrotech

Re: Pier Solar (Genesis/Mega Drive) (DEFUNCT)

Post by Retrotech » July 31st, 2016, 9:11 pm

Hi R9delta. I recently got a Retro Freak with v1.1 software and purchased a Sonic 2 Rev. A not for retail sale copy from my local Retro gaming store.
When I apply the patch or run the rom I get stuck on the first screen where you see watermelon's disclosure not being made by Sega and freezes up. Any ideas on what it might be? Tried the header option and save option too.

I tried it even before with the same results even before agreeing on the on system patch where it started recognizing carts plugged in. Also is it possible to find the v1.3 firmware for Retro Freak? I know retron5 has 2.0 and 2.1 available from a google search on a forum link. But seems I couldn't find the older firmware .bin 1.2-1.3.

Here is my system info for the Retro Freak
Retro Freak Application: v1.1 (build 2607)
System Software: v0.1.1
Hardware revision: v1.0
Dumper firmware revision Build 2
Retro Freak Controller Adapter firmware (port 1): v1

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » July 31st, 2016, 9:35 pm

Unfortunately this patch is considered defunct and unsupported, hyperkin has broken the genesis emulator multiple times and so there are particular firmware versions where this game will work and most where it won't. Its the emulation of the game that's the issue, not the patch. I also do not have a Retron 5 anymore to test even if hyperkin ever does fix it.

Retrotech

Post by Retrotech » July 31st, 2016, 10:26 pm

Oh just to clear things up I had a Retro Freak not working with firmware v1.1 not a Retron 5. But it seems Pier Solar is cursed its not working even on my retron 5 with 2.0 firmware with the sonic2 to pier solar patch but oddly enough it works with just the mess-pier solar rom.

I don't understand why they can't just make the original cart work. It's like an awesome JRPG and hopefully it encourages more kick starters. Being an open ended creative project makes these game far superior than some of the disasters that were released in the past. Story driven RPGs can stay retro cause its not about graphics but gameplay and story. But thanks for the quick response.

Hopefully they do fix either making the original cart work or the rom work cause I enjoy playing this in 16 bit with emulation options rather than a HD version with no fast forward function or real-time saves.