SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Lilith
לילית

Re: SNES /SFC (JPN) to (US) Must have game conversions

Post by Lilith » October 18th, 2014, 1:40 am

So just what Fire Emblem FC/SFC games have Retron ready translations? I recently picked up Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu in a 4 game lot with Terranigma, Illusion of Gaia, and Seiken Densetsu 3. I have the US version of Gaia, but I downloaded the patch anyway, as well as the other two patches. I'm still kind of new to the Fire Emblem series as a whole, but I'm a lot more accepting of TRPGs than before when I wrote off the genre from a glitchy FFTA cart.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 18th, 2014, 9:41 am

Made a fixed up patch for Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu that works out pretty well. I don't think it's 100% translated per se but the one used as the basis (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/865/) is probably the most complete it's ever gonna be. People haven't really had interest in translating or finishing the existing ones in years. Shame, it's a great series.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uii61 ... +Keifu.ips

rockman17

Post by rockman17 » October 19th, 2014, 1:01 am

Just stumbled onto this forum after struggling to get some patches working on my Retron 5 and VOILA! I'm up and running. Thanks so much R9delta for putting these together, its really awesome of you.

If you have time, I'm still searching for a Wizardry V, as well Super Air Diver 1 and Super Air Diver 2.

At any rate, thanks again. I'll be checking your updated list frequently!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 19th, 2014, 11:39 am

Wizardry V is good to go in the usual place. Super Air Diver I can only find a european and japanese rom so I can only make a patch using those 2 as the basis. Super Air Diver 2, from what I can tell, was only released in japan and no one has made a translation patch that I can find so there's no fixing that. I can fix patches and even do some creative stacking of multiple patches but I don't and can't make translation patches from scratch. Way above my pay grade I'm afraid to say the least. If there's a translation patch for it though feel free to link me and I'll fix it up to work on the Retron 5.

Super Air Diver (JPN) to (EUROPE):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/w5b69 ... EUR%29.ips

Wizardry V:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/msmmi ... 8US%29.ips

rockman17

Post by rockman17 » October 19th, 2014, 10:00 pm

Big thanks for uploading those translations!

Yeah, I've never seen a translation for Super Air Diver 2, was hoping maybe you knew of one. Really looking forward to finally playing the first one though!

I was playing Star Ocean using your translation patch last night. Kinda blew my mind to finally play my cart in English! Thanks again man!

gamesmaster

Post by gamesmaster » October 25th, 2014, 4:06 pm

rockman17 wrote: I was playing Star Ocean using your translation patch last night. Kinda blew my mind to finally play my cart in English! Thanks again man!
Funny you mentioned that, because I was considering picking it up but I wasn't sure how it worked on the retron 5 considering the sdd1 compression and all that. Thanks for that information. ;)

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 25th, 2014, 6:14 pm

Basically if an emulation issue has been sorted out in Snes9x/GX it should work fine on the Retron 5 assuming the cartridge reads

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » October 30th, 2014, 2:12 am

With all the Final Fantasy patches you have up, why not do III on Famicom? I've heard it's a lot less bloated than the DS version, which excites me.

RetroChiGuy1212

Post by RetroChiGuy1212 » October 30th, 2014, 10:43 am

Actually, this one works really well, I use it on my Retron 5 to play FF III and I haven't had any trouble with it:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/141/

You may also want to try this one as well:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1590/

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 30th, 2014, 11:18 am

Lilith wrote:With all the Final Fantasy patches you have up, why not do III on Famicom? I've heard it's a lot less bloated than the DS version, which excites me.
I put one up but to be honest when it comes to NES/Famicom games there should be no need (barring a few exceptions.) NES games don't really have custom intros or headers that need removed so as long as the existing patch out there is written for your version of the cartridge you have, they should work as-is on the Retron 5 without needing my assistance. I always ask that people take it upon themselves to try the existing ones out there first before making a request. That said...for completion sake and just keeping a one-stop database that have patches that are guaranteed to work on their Retron I can still see the value in even having "redundant" patches on it.