SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
DJ Convoy

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by DJ Convoy » November 17th, 2016, 6:31 pm

Hi, R9! I must thank you right away for your hard work; I've been patching games on the Retron for awhile, but you have really helped take some of the mystery and/or pain out of the process!

romhacking.net has a Sattellaview version of Super Aleste that I've never even heard of before; is there a way to apply this version of the game to an actual Super Aleste cart (I suppose like the BS Zelda games to LTTP)? I would be over the moon if you could find a way to make that work.

Thanks for everything you do!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » November 17th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Yeah should be pretty easy for me to do in concept actually. I'll take a look and see what I can do

DJ Convoy

Post by DJ Convoy » November 17th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Fantastic! Here's the link if it helps (you were so fast, I didn't have a chance to edit my post!):
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2564/

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » November 17th, 2016, 6:43 pm

Yeah found the link before you posted it and finished the patch already so you're good :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s78p3tv5d ... er.%29.ips

I assume you were wanted to apply this to the standard japanese version of Super Aleste? If not let me know and i'll make another patch accordingly

EDIT: For those of you that would like to use this patch for Space Megaforce (US ver. of Super Aleste):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p4842cxf5 ... er.%29.ips

DJ Convoy

Post by DJ Convoy » November 17th, 2016, 6:51 pm

Appears to work just fine; now I know how I'm spending my afternoon! Thanks again; it's much appreciated!

Dottorkillex

Post by Dottorkillex » December 14th, 2016, 2:03 pm

I'd have a new english patch request: Tenchi Muyo (JAP to ENG).
Thanks in advance.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » December 14th, 2016, 4:37 pm

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1379/

This one claims it's made for a non-headered rom so it should work as is, have you tried this one first? If so and you have issues I'll take a look

Dottorkillex

Post by Dottorkillex » December 14th, 2016, 4:58 pm

R9delta wrote:http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1379/

This one claims it's made for a non-headered rom so it should work as is, have you tried this one first? If so and you have issues I'll take a look
Thanks!I can't actually check as I'm following the cartdridge on Ebay...if 'll win the auction I'll check and let you know. Knowing you can fix it in case it wouldn't work is enough for me to try and track the game down.
Keep you updated, thanks for now.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » December 15th, 2016, 12:14 am

Yeah as long as a patch exists I can fix it to work on the Retron 5/Retro Freak..or rather also as long as a particular rom exists it's possible to take any other rom and create a patch to turn it into that. I'm not a translator nor do I have extensive coding knowledge but as long as there's at least something I can work with I can generally do something with it.

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » December 21st, 2016, 8:08 pm

Hi there,

Just read that battletoads for famicom is way easier than the nes version and was wondering if a patch can be made(or is already made) to translate battletoads nes to battletoads famicom translated or not. Have a good evening