SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Lilith
לילית

Re: SNES /SFC (JPN) to (US) Must have game conversions

Post by Lilith » October 1st, 2014, 8:36 pm

Thanks a lot!

I think I can figure out future Famicom patches by trial and error (and reading into various versions of the games in question)

A handful of imports just arrived today, which I have every patch for, except DQ I + II, but I'm not sure how superior the SFC version is to NES/GBC. Could I ask for a patch for that? I assume that the SFC version is the best, since I think the hardware is better than the GBC. What's cool is DQ5 and 6 came complete with their original boxes, which is kinda nice. Also Rudra was among the imports that arrived, so that was timed well.

I haven't really been reading much into the SFC scene, but I'm pretty sure there's more I want there than FC. The only thing I can really think of for FC is FF3 (I already have Mother 1), and I assume the FC version will be better than the DS version for me, cause the DS version feels too bloated.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 2nd, 2014, 11:19 am

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pqwwz ... %26+II.ips

The SFC version is the best yeah. The GBC version is a port of it with I think an extra dungeon somewhere in there but other than that there's no reason I'd play the GBC one over the SFC remake.

LoneGun

Post by LoneGun » October 4th, 2014, 9:52 pm

Thank you R9delta. I have downloaded all your patches through the MediaFire folder. Your Tales of Phantasia patch was the only one that worked on my copy of the game. :D Also glad to finally be able to play my Japanese Terranigma cartridge in English! 8-)

Zeldatreasury

Post by Zeldatreasury » October 5th, 2014, 3:45 am

Hi
Thanks for the great work.
Can you also add rock man 7 and X1-X3?

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 5th, 2014, 12:49 pm

Check the last link in the original post for Rock Man 7 and X3, I'll do X1 and 2 when I get around to them.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 6th, 2014, 6:30 pm

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/a6zylcxc9ra7d/SNES

Check the NTSC-J to U translations folder, Rockman X1-3 and Rockman 7 are all in there now :) There's 2 versions of Rockman X out there so if the first one doesnt work use the other one

iMonkey

Post by iMonkey » October 10th, 2014, 2:42 am

Thanks so much for the translation patches and conversions! This is amazing work :) Do you have a converted version of the Firemen? I have the JPN copy of the game and I know its either been translated or there's a EU version of it in english somewhere :)

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 10th, 2014, 10:30 am

The Firemen (JPN) to (PAL):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/57ev4 ... EUR%29.ips

Games from PAL territories run at a lower frame rate compared to their NTSC-J/U brothers if you're not aware by the way. People that live in europe were used to this (it's normal) but keep in mind this is not something that I can fix. I can only make a patch from one rom to another.

If that's an issue for you there's a US Prototype of The Firemen that has floated around. I don't know how complete the game was as far as the script goes or how buggy it is. I do know it's a different script than the official PAL version though. The game was never actually released in the US after all.

The Firemen (JPN) to (US Prototype):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/93g6a ... oto%29.ips

iMonkey

Post by iMonkey » October 10th, 2014, 4:33 pm

R9delta wrote:The Firemen (JPN) to (PAL):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/57ev4 ... EUR%29.ips

Games from PAL territories run at a lower frame rate compared to their NTSC-J/U brothers if you're not aware by the way. People that live in europe were used to this (it's normal) but keep in mind this is not something that I can fix. I can only make a patch from one rom to another.

If that's an issue for you there's a US Prototype of The Firemen that has floated around. I don't know how complete the game was as far as the script goes or how buggy it is. I do know it's a different script than the official PAL version though. The game was never actually released in the US after all.

The Firemen (JPN) to (US Prototype):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/93g6a ... oto%29.ips
You rock R9delta! This is great man :) Thank you so much! You've really brought life back into these games also saving me and others a ton of money by being confident in buying Japanese versions of these games :)

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » October 10th, 2014, 7:56 pm

So I got to thinking about the Goemon games after listening to a bunch of music from Starring Goemon N64 last night. I'm a bit out of the loop, but are there translations for all of the JP Goemon games on FC/SFC? Obviously I wouldn't need Legend of the Mystical Ninja, but I'd really like to play the others...