SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Johnism

Re: SNES /SFC (JPN) to (US) Must have game conversions

Post by Johnism » September 18th, 2014, 11:49 am

Oh, that could be it! Thank you so much!!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » September 18th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Done.

Donkey Kong Country 3 (for JPN v1.0):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rdr44 ... 8US%29.ips

Donkey Kong Country 3 (for JPN v1.1):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/81xvt ... 8US%29.ips

Download the 1.1 version. Pretty sure that'll work for ya.

Johnism

Post by Johnism » September 19th, 2014, 12:23 am

Thank you so much! Works perfectly :D

Fryu

Post by Fryu » September 19th, 2014, 12:52 am

If I use this method of changing one game into another does "Separate saves for patch" work?

I tried this as a test.
I save on unpatched game Lethal Weapon at slot 0. I load the patch I made from your tutorial of the game Harvest Moon. I save on slot 0. I remove the patch and load up Lethal weapon again and load from slot 0 and it tries to load the game Harvest Moon and glitches. With "Separate saves for patch" I would assume I'd load Lethal Weapon here not Harvest Moon...

--edit nevermind--
When using an SNES controller you have to highlight the options with the dpad and THEN hit a too, not b.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » September 19th, 2014, 8:23 am

I don't know about save states since I don't use them (I would assume so though) but on standard SRAM savedata yeah that option works wonderfully.

lininjim

Post by lininjim » September 19th, 2014, 10:43 am

R9Delta, superb thank you. I've had a pile of Japanese games that I wasn't able to get much fun with and you've brought them back to life.
Cheers.
J

8BitsDeep

Post by 8BitsDeep » September 29th, 2014, 11:24 am

This is fantastic stuff. Is there a program similar to the SNES ROM Utility for NES ROMs?

I was going to make an NES Contra (US to JPN but translated) patch but then I realized I can't use your process for NES games.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » September 29th, 2014, 12:20 pm

It's simpler for nes games actually. You just need to use lunar ips to make a patch between the 2 roms and that's it. Nes games do not have headers that need removed

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » October 1st, 2014, 12:27 am

Can you do Treasure of the Rudras? JP to US, obviously.

Also, a question. You said NES games don't have headers, does that mean any old patch will work on those? I'm anxious to get Sweet Home working once I grab that.

Addendum: Do you know if there's a reason you have to have Super Famicom carts in just rights? Mystic Ark was giving me 'Unknown Cartridge" for like 5-6 tries before it randomly worked.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 1st, 2014, 10:23 am

Treasure of the Rudras:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4awg8 ... Rudras.ips

Also on NES games, not needing headers makes patch making for the Retron 5 a bit easier yes but there's still other things to keep in mind. One issue is that sometimes there are multiple versions of a game out there and if the patch you're using is for a different version than the cartridge you have it will not work.