SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
caesarplussnes

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by caesarplussnes » February 3rd, 2018, 12:14 am

Hi there!

I noticed that Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island 1.0 JPN to English translation patch is listed on the mediafire, however when I click on the link it shows it is not available. Currently looking to obtain this version of translation patch.

If it is possible obtain this translation version that would super!

Thank you r9delta for you repository of translations patches! :D

quakeguy81

Post by quakeguy81 » February 3rd, 2018, 1:44 am

Last edited by quakeguy81 on February 26th, 2018, 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » February 6th, 2018, 12:22 am

caesarplussnes wrote:Hi there!

I noticed that Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island 1.0 JPN to English translation patch is listed on the mediafire, however when I click on the link it shows it is not available. Currently looking to obtain this version of translation patch.

If it is possible obtain this translation version that would super!

Thank you r9delta for you repository of translations patches! :D
Unfortunately Nintendo gets my patches removed these days, enough where I can't keep reuploading them anymore. I've since then just zipped up all the patches ive done and uploaded them in a single file for archive which you can get here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l80a020f7 ... -18%29.zip

quakeguy81

Post by quakeguy81 » February 6th, 2018, 2:08 am

Last edited by quakeguy81 on February 26th, 2018, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » February 6th, 2018, 9:05 am

I saw your post yes. But unfortunately due to work and other responsibilities I just do not have the time to make patches as frequently anymore...more so I'm not at the computer as much. Most of the posting I do these days, if any will be on my phone to answer questions on the rare occasion (like now). I apologize if that is a bit of a disappointment and maybe that'll change eventually but for the foreseeable future I'm just swamped with other stuff.

If you are open to creating a patch yourself for the game you requested it's very doable and it's good to learn it in cases where I haven't made one or can't get around to it. If you have a Windows based PC google and download the program "Lunar IPS". Download the japanese and american rom of the game you're requesting. Remove the headers on both using a program like "SNES rom utility" if needed and use "Lunar IPS" to create a patch from the japanese rom to the american rom. It's good to go. If you need more details there's plenty of youtube and written tutorials out there.

In regards to the date change if it helps any the only thing that was changed was the removal of Kaijuu Monogatari as the translated game does not actually function on the Retron 5 or Retro Freak. Beyond that it's doubtful there'll be an updated archive anytime soon unless I start doing patches more regularly. The archive was more for the purpose of collecting the stuff i've done as a last final thing so people will have it for ease of use, the fact that nintendo published game patches keep getting removed, and that maybe someone else will want to take over in my stead for requests that still come in. It wasn't originally meant to be updated consistently honestly.

Jilliefoo

Post by Jilliefoo » February 8th, 2018, 7:21 pm

hello! Your translations have been a godsend. But I do have one issue.

When I try to use the Kirby Super Deluxe patch, my retron 5 has issues. If I start up the first mode in the menu and select "yes" for the "is this your first time playing" question, the game goes to a black screen and that's it.

BUT! if I say "No" it then asks me if I want to learn about the "Copy" ability. if I say "No" it'll black screen again. if I say "Yes" it'll show the tutorial and drop me into the first level. BUT once I finish the first level, the game black screens. would you have any idea as to how to fix this? I've tried creating my own patch, but none of my attempts have worked (not even getting the starting logo to pop up).

-Thank you!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » February 8th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Turns out there's different revisions of Kirby Super Star (JPN).

I've made a patch for each one now. Just look under Kirby Super Star in this folder and try each revision until one works for you (no way for you to tell by looking at cartridge outside of trial and error which one you have):

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/dzs9pam ... anslations

Super Ghouls n Ghosts can now be found here too. Catch them before they're removed by nintendo.

quakeguy81

Post by quakeguy81 » February 8th, 2018, 9:52 pm

Thanks!