Kouryuu Densetsu Villgust - Kieta Shoujo ips doesn't work

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Schmieu

Kouryuu Densetsu Villgust - Kieta Shoujo ips doesn't work

Post by Schmieu » June 14th, 2016, 3:56 pm

Hi, I have a little problem. There is this game "Kouryuu Densetsu Villgust - Kieta Shoujo", which I really want to play, but the ips totally destroys the cartridge. If I boot the patch it turns into a scrambled mess and crashes. I know that the patch works on the console, because a guy postet a checklist of ips patches.
I'm on version 2.2 and don't want to go up on 2.3, because then it wont play some of my games. *sigh*
So does someone has an idea? :3

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Kouryuu Densetsu Villgust - Kieta Shoujo ips doesn't wor

Post by R9delta » June 14th, 2016, 5:04 pm

Are you downloading it from my mediafire repository (https://www.mediafire.com/#b5kjabm681te5) or somewhere else? If somewhere else try mine but if you're having issues and its mine you're using I'll take a look at my patch and make sure there's nothing wrong. If the patch is fine I'm not sure what else can be done to be honest.

Edit: Yeah the patch that i fixed is fine (http://www.mediafire.com/download/cveod ... llgust.ips), if it doesn't work unfortunately it has nothing to do with the patch and there's nothing i can do. That said If you're using the one off of romhacking.net that one requires a rom with a header which explains why its not working for you. I fixed that one and uploaded it myself to get around that issue so use mine that i linked to if you're not already.

Schmieu

Re: Kouryuu Densetsu Villgust - Kieta Shoujo ips doesn't wor

Post by Schmieu » June 15th, 2016, 5:22 am

You are my hero once again ♥ I was sure I looked trough your files and couldn't find an alternative.
Yeah I used the one form romhacking. Thank you again :D