Question...(Jpn vs Ger translations)

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
kgctim

Question...(Jpn vs Ger translations)

Post by kgctim » March 17th, 2018, 2:51 pm

Hey All,

I currently live in Germany and found a copy of Soul Blazer at a flea market today for $10. I'm american, I can't speak or read german, and of course I want to play this in English... I found R9Delta's J-NTSC to US-NTSC patch and tried loading that hoping it would work, but the screen just stays black. Is there a way to trick the Retron into thinking its the right patch or is there some magical program or app that will make a patch that I can use or am I just OoL? I spent a little time gOOgling to see if there was a patch out there, but didn't see anything.

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Question...(Jpn vs Ger translations)

Post by R9delta » March 19th, 2018, 1:20 am

I don't really do patches anymore to keep that in mind when making future requests (hopefully others can step in) but I went ahead and made one that should work for you now:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/907drxs73 ... 8US%29.ips

Anyway trying to use patches based on a different version, region, or even game entirely is not going to function. A patch is based on a set of particular data and if you're trying to use a patch on something that is not that expected data/rom/cartridge/whatever it's not going to work. There's no 'tricking' the Retron 5 on this, at least with the patches that I make.

Now that said there is a program that someone made that essentially just turns full on roms into patches that literally don't care about what cartridge you have inserted (the exception that they still need to match the same console) and it's even linked on this forum somewhere but that's not something I provide myself as it kinda crosses a line for me for what i'm willing to make and distribute. For me if someone is going to do that then why even use a Retron 5 in the first place.This aside that tool would probably do what you want for other games if you have this kind of situation in the future if you want to look around for it.

kgctim

Re: Question...(Jpn vs Ger translations)

Post by kgctim » March 19th, 2018, 5:16 pm

Wow, this is really generous of you! I really appreciate what you do for the gaming scene and for putting this patch together for me! I will load it up tomorrow and play! Thanks! and thanks for the info, Im not looking for that particular method, I really like having the carts and FEELING like I'm playing on a genuine system LOL. I know how the retro works and all that, but I do buy carts.. while I know I'm being somewhat naive, I still feel like I'm being a good person and supporting the gaming scene.