Dragon Quest 1-4

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
OingoBoingo86

Dragon Quest 1-4

Post by OingoBoingo86 » September 12th, 2015, 7:12 pm

I recently bought the first four Dragon Quest games for Famicom and was wondering if there was any translation patches for them. Not really wanting to play the Dragon Warrior versions as I want to play them without the taint of Nintendo censorship... And the name Dragon Quest is better than Dragon Warrior. If anyone has answers I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Lilith
לילית

Re: Dragon Quest 1-4

Post by Lilith » September 12th, 2015, 10:15 pm

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » September 12th, 2015, 11:48 pm

Those patches I did are unfortunately just rom conversions for DQ III and IV to Dragon Warrior III and IV. I can only fix patches to work on the Retron 5 based on what's already out there. No one has made a strict direct translation patch for the famicom versions of DQ III and IV as far as I know. Generally if there's already a US version of a game out there (censorship/localization issues or not) chances are pretty low that someone is going to bother to make a translation patch for the japanese version.

OingoBoingo86

Post by OingoBoingo86 » September 13th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Thanks. Hopefully in the future someone will take the project of restoring the games to be played the way they were meant to be in english. Ill get by with the Dragon Warrior versions till then.