Mother 2 Translation Patch - MaternalBound Omega

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
R9delta
Patch Master

Mother 2 Translation Patch - MaternalBound Omega

Post by R9delta » May 3rd, 2015, 10:51 pm

MaternalBound Omega is probably what i'd consider both the most complete and most faithful translation and conversion patch for Earthbound. It takes Earthbound and makes it as close to the spirit of Mother 2 as possible by removing censorship, changing the title screen back to Mother 2, etc..

More in depth information on the patch can be found here:
http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Communit ... ck/page/1/

What I've done is taken the patch that's meant to be applied to the US version of Earthbound and made a version that can be applied to an original japanese cartridge of Mother 2 to be used on the Retron 5. The "Run" version will allow you to hold the Y button to run like you would if you ate a Skip Sandwich.

Mother 2 to MaternalBound can be found here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dzs9pa ... anslations

I'll try to give more direct links when I get the chance
Last edited by R9delta on January 6th, 2016, 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lilith
לילית

Re: Mother 2 Translation Patch - MaternalBound Omega

Post by Lilith » May 4th, 2015, 1:08 am

I have one question I'm not too sure of. How different is this from Earthbound Uncut? Otherwise this sounds like something I'd totally play. Thanks

oprahtrian

Post by oprahtrian » January 5th, 2016, 11:09 pm

links seem to be invalid now, anywhere else i can find them? thanks

EDIT: never mind, i found it on your big mediafire list thing. super helpful, thanks so much!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 6th, 2016, 12:14 am

Yeah sorry about that, I had updated the patches with the newest version and forgot to update the links. Glad you found it okay :)