converting xdelta to ips

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
gadam

converting xdelta to ips

Post by gadam » March 30th, 2015, 11:03 pm

i am trying to get the translation file for gensou suikoden card stories en found on romhacking.net which is an xdelta file, to work with the retron5. since it seems like the retron5 cannot use xdelta files, my idea was to convert it into an ips file, but have not been able to find a utility that would do this conversion. one thing i heard about ips files is that there is a filesize limit of some amount i do not know, but doubt that the patch would be anywhere near that limit as most are under 200 kb, that i've seen. any ideas please let me know, thanks!

hikaricore
Site Admin

Re: converting xdelta to ips

Post by hikaricore » March 31st, 2015, 2:28 am

Patch limit shouldn't be an issue system depending. I've found patches under 10mb in size seem to work fine. If you merge the xdelta file into the corresponding rom, you can then use a tool such as lunar IPS to generate an IPS patch between the original rom and your merged modified rom. It's a bit of a process, but totally doable. :)

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » March 31st, 2015, 9:19 am

I made a fixed patch for the game you need some time ago using the same exact process hikaricore just described (so it definitely works):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0bjbg ... tories.ips

gadam

Post by gadam » March 31st, 2015, 1:38 pm

thank you hikaricore and r9delta.