Need help finding Dragon Ball Z patches that will work!!!

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
GimpOnABudget

Need help finding Dragon Ball Z patches that will work!!!

Post by GimpOnABudget » February 17th, 2015, 3:01 am

looking for translations for these 2 games:

Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu
Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden: Totsugeki-Hen

looked on most sites and none want to load even with the header option on or off… I can't seem to find any that work :cry:

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! :mrgreen:

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Need help finding Dragon Ball Z patches that will work!!

Post by R9delta » February 17th, 2015, 10:56 pm

Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu (Apply to v1.0):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ixenl ... 1.0%29.ips

Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu (Apply to v1.1):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ese7b ... 1.1%29.ips

There's 2 versions of Super Saiya Densetsu so if the first doesn't work try the second.

GimpOnABudget

Post by GimpOnABudget » February 17th, 2015, 11:00 pm

Ah, thank you my friend, i will let you know how it goes ASAP!!! :D

GimpOnABudget

Post by GimpOnABudget » February 17th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Hmmm… ok so when i d/l them, they are coming up as documents, instead of unix executable files… I'm not too familiar with this, but i am right in assuming that won't work, correct?? :?

But, i do very much thank you for the help in trying to find things to fix my problem!!!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » February 17th, 2015, 11:16 pm

They're just standard ips files that you download and throw on your SD card to use on the Retron 5 like most any other patch. If Mediafire (the file host I use) is what's causing issues, i'll see if I can find another file host to upload to temporarily

GimpOnABudget

Post by GimpOnABudget » February 17th, 2015, 11:24 pm

Ok, thats what i thought they should be. It just wasn't coming up as a standard IPS, it was just showing up as a regular document for some reason. I have actually gotten a ton of Japan to US translations on Mediafire from someone, so i don't really know why it gave you problems, but as we all know, sites like to give us a little trouble sometimes…

:idea: Now that i think about it (not that i think this matters too much) i am using a MAC instead of usual PC. But i really doubt that has much of anything to do with it, but just in case, i thought to let you know haha :lol:

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » February 17th, 2015, 11:36 pm

To be honest it's fine on my end (no one else has reported issues in the big conversion thread on this forum either and it's been the host i've used for at least a year) so if by a few days from now you're still having issues i'll see what I can do otherwise.

GimpOnABudget

Post by GimpOnABudget » February 18th, 2015, 1:00 am

:o Aha!! It was my computer that was acting up for the file… After d/l'ing them I had to open up Terminal on my MAC and then type:

chmod +x (then, with the space after x, drag and drop the document file to Terminal)

and boom, unix patch!!! :mrgreen:

So I will try these out soon and let you know something… and also, thanks again my helpful friend!!!

GimpOnABudget

Post by GimpOnABudget » February 18th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Ok, so after trying the first patch, it worked just fine!! Thank you for that one!!