Zelda: link to the past

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
narkosis

Zelda: link to the past

Post by narkosis » February 7th, 2015, 2:14 am

I have super famicom zelda, jap, and the mediafire translation causes strange issues within the game. Im thinking it might be a different version? Any assistance would be appreciated.

1pil

Re: Zelda: link to the past

Post by 1pil » February 16th, 2015, 10:54 am

lol Why would u need a translation to begin with? The game is just as simple in Japanese. Anyone can playthrough it and beat it, the only reason you'd ever need english is if you're obsessed with reading the story over and over. Just like Japanese Mario games, easily beatable in Japanese because they are straight forward games. And if you've beaten Link To The Past as much as I have you can almost beat it with your eyes closed. But to comment on translation issues, it is certainly not the first. Secret Of Mana 2 glitches/has issues for me to with the translation, so I can understand it. And idk unless you just make a game patch, and use the US version of the game as a patch and play it using the Super Famicom Cart instead....?

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Zelda: link to the past

Post by R9delta » February 16th, 2015, 2:13 pm

This has already been answered in the big conversion thread (the user had v1.1 of the cartridge and was using the patch for 1.0) but here are the patches for Zelda: LTTP v1.1 and 1.2 for anyone that needs them.

for Zelda LTTP v1.1:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z044h ... 8US%29.ips

for Zelda LTTP v1.2:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gocy6 ... 8US%29.ips

Also on a different subject we've still got a pretty small but at least dedicated user base here so being a bit more helpful if not at least a litle more polite to others on here would be appreciated. Not everyone has played a particular game no mater how common it is from start to finish. You have to look at it from a standpoint of someone who has never played the game before..and from that same standpoint it can be easy to see why a translation or conversion patch would be helpful. This is pure opinion but I really don't think the comparison of Zelda: LttP to a typical Mario game as far as simplicity goes is valid to be honest. Just my two cents here.