various famicom game patches?

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
dustbuster

various famicom game patches?

Post by dustbuster » January 8th, 2015, 10:50 pm

Are there translation patches available for:

Excitebike
Adventure Island
Rockboard
goonies
zelda
mother
spartan x
duck tales 2
popeye
mario RPG (super famicon)
Akumajo special Boku dracula
Willow

Thankyou if so :)

hikaricore
Site Admin

Re: various famicom game patches?

Post by hikaricore » January 9th, 2015, 12:16 am

Most of these titles are available in English so translations are unlikely, however you could easily patch the Japanese version to its English counterpart with the right tools. intructions are in the conversation forum.

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 9th, 2015, 7:44 am

So far i have found one for mario rpg, ducktales 2 and mother. Its the rest im having trouble with. Would be cool to play rockboard, kid Dracula,zelda and willow. The other games are barely needed for a translation to play but it would be a bonus.

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » January 9th, 2015, 11:32 am

Rather than PMing questions and answers back and forth, the best thing for this community is to use the public forum threads.
dustbuster wrote:Hey there. Hope im not troubling you as i have no odea how to make a translation for a famicom game. I went in conversions but cannot find the instructions..any help would be awesome. Have a good day
Here are two notable descriptions of the process which are simple enough for anyone willing to follow:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11#p37
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=129#p498

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 9th, 2015, 11:36 am

Rockboard:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/766/

The one on there should work as-is. There's 2 files in the zip though, one that will keep the names as their japanese counterparts like Rockman and Blues, etc.. and the other which will localize the names (Mega Man, Protoman, etc..)

If it doesn't work as-is I'm not sure I could fix it. NES rom patches are pretty much going to either work as-is or they won't at all. There's nothing for me to really modify unlike SNES roms...unless there are multiple versions of the game, which there's not.

Kid Dracula/Akumajo special Boku dracula:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/169/

This one should work but apparently has issues with a lot of emulators. If it doesn't work with the Retron 5 there's nothing I can do to fix that as that's more so an emulator issue and out of my hands but you can try it if you hadn't already.

Willow:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q4ibo ... Willow.ips

This one I converted myself. Should be fine for you. Duck Tales 2, Mother (Both in an Earthbound Zero and Mother 25th Edition variant), and Super Mario RPG i've already fixed. The others I don't have time at the moment (i'll try to get to when i do) and some of those others like Popeye and Excitebike...uh no offense but really lol? In all seriousness the rom data for both of those are exactly the same for the US and Japanese version. Which means they're already in english to begin with or the game picks the language it shows based on the region your NES is from. If the later is the case that's something that's up to the Retron 5 itself to deal with. In my humble opinion those games are pretty playable no matter the language anyway.

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 9th, 2015, 11:44 am

Thanks R9Delta! You always come through! No offense taken. I ordered a bunch of games from ebay and they have yet to arrive so i wasnt sure about games like that. Thankyou hikaricore as well

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 9th, 2015, 11:49 am

Haha no problem, you're good man. When I say stuff like that I'm just jokingly ribbing, I'm happy to help where I can regardless :)

Adventure Island:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/em2w3 ... Island.ips

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 9th, 2015, 12:03 pm

Happy to know not everyone takes themselves too seriously lol

Thanks again!! Have a great weekend

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 12th, 2015, 3:40 pm

If anybody has a patch for kirby(famicom) to u.s or a translation...ninja gaiden and rivercity randsome as well :)

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 12th, 2015, 5:41 pm