Final Fantasy IV and VI translation patch for SFC?

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
OptimusMetroidPrime

Final Fantasy IV and VI translation patch for SFC?

Post by OptimusMetroidPrime » November 16th, 2014, 11:49 pm

I was thinking of picking up the Super Famicom versions of Final Fantasy IV and VI, as I hear a lot of the sprites are different and the U.S. versions are dumbed down. Does anyone know of an English translation patch for them that would work on the RetroN 5?

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Final Fantasy IV and VI translation patch for SFC?

Post by R9delta » November 17th, 2014, 11:28 am

Everything you need right here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b5kjab ... 9pam6uaq34

Note on FFVI: The Ted Woosley version is more like the US version but uncensored. The regular one on the other hand is more of a literal translation...more "pure" i guess. Also if your interest is just playing a less censored FFIV and VI and you already own the II US and III US cartridges there are patches in that folder that change them into the more literal translated IV and VI instead so you don't have to purchase the actual IV and VI if that applies to you.

Another note on FFVI: On the regular VI translation patch i've patched all the known bugs except for the Vanish/Doom trick since it's not game breaking if you don't want to use it and it's fun to use in a pinch if you do.

NinjaWithAPegLeg

Re: Final Fantasy IV and VI translation patch for SFC?

Post by NinjaWithAPegLeg » July 27th, 2018, 9:19 am

Thank you for the patch!