Chrono Trigger Translation Patch

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
iMonkey

Chrono Trigger Translation Patch

Post by iMonkey » October 9th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone has managed to get this to work for their Chrono Trigger. I just recently got a Japanese Chrono Trigger and tried to run this patch but It couldn't load up. Here's the link to the one I tried using:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1258/

Sounds like it'd be a great patch to run if I could get it to work.

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Chrono Trigger Translation Patch

Post by R9delta » October 9th, 2014, 7:36 pm

That re-translation is meant to be applied to the US rom, which is exactly what your cartridge is not. That's why it doesn't work. I can make it work for you but I'm not going to get around to it for awhile unfortunately.

If you're just looking to play CT in english I've made a patch myself a few weeks ago though that converts from the Japanese cartridge to the US cartridge so you can use it in the mean time if you'd like:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bgspa ... 8US%29.ips

iMonkey

Post by iMonkey » October 10th, 2014, 12:38 am

R9delta wrote:That re-translation is meant to be applied to the US rom, which is exactly what your cartridge is not. That's why it doesn't work. I can make it work for you but I'm not going to get around to it for awhile unfortunately.

If you're just looking to play CT in english I've made a patch myself a few weeks ago though that converts from the Japanese cartridge to the US cartridge so you can use it in the mean time if you'd like:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bgspa ... 8US%29.ips
Dude, that's perfect! Thank you so much! :)

Sharpie Bayonett

Post by Sharpie Bayonett » December 28th, 2014, 1:09 am

I loaded it today and it told me the patch failed to load

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » December 28th, 2014, 11:15 am

Not sure what the problem is. The patch itself is fine. I've verified it myself on both the Retron and on the PC thoroughly and checked with anyone else that has the same cartridge. Try downloading it again I guess and make sure you're on the most current firmware on your R5.

Sharpie Bayonett

Post by Sharpie Bayonett » December 28th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Latest beta or stable?

ElectroDude

Post by ElectroDude » March 27th, 2015, 2:57 pm

Thanks for the patch R9delta!
The game ran perfectly!

Zobber

Post by Zobber » September 17th, 2015, 1:59 pm