Oh noes! Se Dschermans arrr comeing!

Post whatever you want here. Just don't make fun of Chris Galliano or we might get sued.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
DJMadMax

Oh noes! Se Dschermans arrr comeing!

Post by DJMadMax » October 9th, 2014, 10:02 pm

And here they are!
Well, at least one of'em ;)

Dont worry, my english isnt that bad. Actually I even think it's pretty good :D
I just stumbled upon this forum due to the actual copyright infringement Hyperkin
is having trouble with.

Uh, I just ended that sentence with a preposition, didn't I? ^^ Nah, just kidding,
it's late (at least in Germany, 4:00 AM) and I'm a bit exhausted right now.

I thought I'd register up to the forum and give you guys a quick introduction to
myself.

My name is Sven, born in 1983 and living near Frankfurt am Main.

So why am I interested in this site? Actually I own two RetroN 5, one is factory-
sealed (got both from ThinkGeek, one ordered by myself and one ordered through
a friend who's stationed at the Ramstein Airbase). Why did I order two? Because I
wanted to know the cost-difference between the "normally imported one" and the
one being sent without toll and steep shipping costs.

Ya wanna know? The one for $139 delivered through my us-american friend was
just under $150 - including tax and shipping cost.

The one I bought and imported by myself was a bit more expensive. I believe it was
something about $180 to $200 including tax, toll and shipping.

Ah yes, the bad thing's thou... both are grey ones - but that's the least thing I worry
about, honestly :)

So, why the RetroN 5?
I'm a true Car- and Home HiFi and Home Cinema-enthusiast and also a retrogamer
and partly a retro video game (consoles) collector. Of course I have a bunch of
legitimate Nintendo consoles and SEGA consoles laying around but for the living
room, where the video projector is hooked up, the RetroN 5 with it's native 720p
output, the generally easy handling (despite removing of inserted cartridges, I
hope they get punished for what they constructed there!) and just because I think
it's a great idea for most casual gamers who may still own some of their old games
but arent able to connect their old NES or Master System to a modern HDTV. Those
are basically the reasons why I own a RetroN 5... or two, to be exactly :D

I think, that's it for now. I've already noticed throughout several postings in this
forum that most of you seem to be the typically funny nerd to be expected on such
a platform. Me like! :lol: :mrgreen: I'll try to fit in ^^

Cya, DJMadMax
© 2001 by Bass Mekanik
Universal Frequencies... resonate inside of me...
Try to take you for a Ride... here across the Galaxy